It has fire in it already: a vietnamese war diary  

Posted by talos in ,



July 25, 1968: Oh, my God. How hateful the war is. And the more hate, the more the devils are eager to fight. Why do they enjoy shooting and killing good people like us? How can they have the heart to kill all those youngsters who love life, who are struggling and living for so many hopes?

In December 1969, Frederick Whitehurst was stationed in Quang Ngai province, in what was then South Vietnam. Assigned to the 635th Military Intelligence Detachment near Duc Pho, he was burning captured enemy documents that seemed to have no military value.
...
"I'm throwing things in there and they're burning, and over my left shoulder, and I remember this, Nguyen Trung Hieu was looking at the diary and said, 'Fred, don't burn this. It has fire in it already,'" Whitehurst says.

The diary was that of 27-year-old Dang Thuy Tram.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Contributors

My photo
Ο Τάλως, του Τάλω, ώ Τάλως

buzzed

Twitter / talws

My Furl Archive

My G'Reader Feed

Stats


View My Stats

tracker

eXTReMe Tracker